Latest Lessons Learned
10. Time spent in the hospital is a lot like dog years.
9. The curtain dividing a shared hospital room does nothing to drown out the sounds coming from the patient in the other bed, be it snores or those sounds that naturally follow the administration of an enema. If your roommate does need an enema, chances are it will be given 30 minutes before dinner is served, pretty much ensuring that the guy will go to the toilet (that would be the portable one placed just on the other side of the dividing curtain!) while you are eating dinner.
8. Smells travel through curtains.
7. Whoever put the deposit in for the remote control gets to call the shots as to what will be watched on the only television in the room.
6. The Dutch game show, Blokken, can be quite entertaining, even if you have no idea what is being said.
5. When it comes time to place your order for the next day's dinner, don't opt for the "bologna." It is made from horse meat.
4. Job was a sissy! Apparently, lack of privacy, lack of sleep and lack of food is all that is needed to create the "perfect storm" conditions for Dan to turn into the devil!
3. I have no idea what they make, but nurses are underpaid. Way, way, way underpaid. (Along those same lines, quality health care does not have to cost a fortune! There is something to be said for socialized medicine.)
2. Dan makes a horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible patient.
1. We are so incredibly blessed to have such loving and supportive people in our lives. Thanks so much for all of the calls, the emails, the texts, the cards, the flowers and the prayers over the past couple of weeks. We could have not have gotten through this without you guys!